Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

6.13.2015

Very Inspiring Blogger & Beautiful Blogger Awards

Hey, hey! So, I've made pretty good progress fixing things up 'round here, and, though I still have quite a few things to tweak and change, I should be able to start posting new content again. Please do excuse me if it's a little slow, however!

Anyway, what greater way to kick off Edge of Night's new appearance than with some awards? I love these things. Can't help it. But I've been kindly nominated for two of them—the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Quayla, and the Beautiful Blogger Award by Hp20508. A very big thank you to both of these sweet bloggers. Let's get started!



Nominated by Quayla

Rules

1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add the logo to your post
3. Nominate ten bloggers who inspire you
4. Answer the given questions


Alright, first off: The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you to wonderful Quayla of Mind of Quayla for this nomination! Quayla has a great outlook on life, I think, and she is certainly a great inspiration herself. I'll be honest and say that I'm not usually a big fan of rap or gospel music, but she is quite good at what she does and she makes some sweet tunes. If you'd like to check out some of her work, you can visit her YouTube channel here.

Below are the questions I've been given to answer:

#1 In your personal life, which person inspires you the most?

There's no one person that inspires me the most. Like I said once in a similar question, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Different people inspire me for different reasons. With that said, it makes it a bit hard to list

#2 Who is your role model?

I've never really done the role model thing. While of course there are people that I look up to, I've never been able to come up with a single answer for this. I just want to be the best person that I can be - I'll try to learn from others' mistakes as well as my own, and just do my own thing.

#3 What sound are you currently hearing?

The local news channel lol. Also a very light dribble of rain.

#4 Do you make efforts to make others feel emotionally and mentally stronger?

Of course. It's one of the best things to know that you've made someone feel stronger. Similar to Quayla's own answer to this question, I love being able to put a smile on someone's face. It's very important that someone can do this for themselves, too, though!

#5 Which is the best quote for you?

Ooh, so many good quotes out there.. I know I've already included this Doctor Who quote in a previous tag post, but I'm doing it again:

"When you're a kid, they tell you it's all... grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better." — Tenth Doctor

Also, I just Googled a quote for this honestly, but the idea and meaning of the following sentence has helped me so much through my hard times that I had to find something for it:

"You never know how truly blessed you are in life until you see someone who has it worse than you." — Unknown


Nominations

Emily @ Lynde Avenue




------------------------------------------------------------------


Nominated by Hp20508

Rules

1. Link to the blogger who nominated you
2. List seven random facts about yourself
3. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers
4. Nominate the people you nominated 
(uh, little confused on this one lol)


Next is the Beautiful Blogger Award, nominated by the lovely Hp of LiveLove&Explore:). I've mentioned this sweetheart of a blogger before, but she runs a great little blog dedicated to sharing inspirational things such as quotes, stories, etc. and you really should give her blog a look sometime! She leaves some of the sweetest comments, and it's an absolute pleasure to blog alongside her.

Now, seven random facts about myself.. let's see..

- I love mint-flavored things.
- I love coffee and tea equally.
- I can't draw to save my life.
- I'd love to travel and experience all the different cultures of the world.
- My current movie obsession: The Avengers.
- Someday, I want to (successfully) play the violin.


Nominations

Julie McQueen @ JulieMcQueen

HannahCassie & Laura @ P.S. I love that book!

Corinne @ Skinnedcartree.com




Alrighty.. So, I skimped a little bit on the nominations, but oh well. I had such a difficult time deciding who to nominate (and this is why I would love to have the ability to organize the blogs I follow on my dashboard. It's tiring going through that long list). 

I've tried to tag those of you who I haven't tagged in a long time, or who I have never tagged before. If your name wasn't listed here, please know that every blog I follow inspires me in some way - and, because I'm lacking in nominations anyway (supposed to have ten for the first, and seven for the second), here's the deal:

I don't like giving out "free-for-all" nominations. I think it feels cheap. I do it once in a while, but I try to avoid it. But, if you're reading this and if you are a follower of my blog, and I'm a follower of yours, consider yourself nominated.

Thanks so much to Quayla and Hp. I appreciate the tags, and will be displaying your awards on my "About" page!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I also like both tea and coffee and I can't really choose between those two :)
    The quotes you put also are great, the one from the Tenth Doctor is so true!

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Aeriko! Tea and coffee both have their perks. ;) I lovve that Tenth Doctor quote. That's the mentality my parents raised me with - that there's so much more to life than this "get a job, get married, have a family" thing that seems to be the desired lifestyle. I mean those things are great, of course. But there's more to go for, too, if that's not your cup of tea! ..Or coffee.

      Delete
  2. Oh my God! Thank you dear! I'm so happy! ♥ I'll soon post and answer your questions ♥
    Successful weekend dear ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe I'm so glad, Julie! ^^ You deserve it! Have a lovely weekend. Enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Neat! I love coffee. Coffee, iced coffee, frappuccino, coffee ice cream. Lovin' it:)
    I like the quotes.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! All of that is fantastic lol. Especially the ice cream. Delicious! My teeth are very easily stained, though, so I have to watch how much coffee products I drink. Glad you like the quotes!

      Delete
  4. Hey Eve :)

    Thank you so much for this beautiful kind & sweet words :) By the way two awards at the same time girl you are on fire :DD Hahaa :P But seriously, you deseve those awards :DD And I loved the way you handled this post. I mean how to write about 2 awards in one post thing. You got it so well ;D Hahaa. This is wonderful Eve :D And I also love that intro you gave. You combined your new blog theme with this post. Great post :D Oh and I also can't draw to save my life really... But I was sure you would be good at it haha. I meant you look like artist kind of person you know :P But that's awesome. Thanks Eve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Nope, I'm barely past stick figures. Writing is my area! ;D You're so welcome, thank you for the nomination. Also thank you about the posts - I'm far from the first one to do that, but I'm glad you think it worked out well. :)

      Delete
  5. I love love love that Dr Who quote. Dr Who is one of my fav TV shows :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fantastic? Great show. You don't see those kinds of quotes very often, and it's a nice change of pace from the normal "Get a job, get married, have a family" thing that everyone else touts. ;) Not that those things aren't desirable.

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!